Terrence Howard Accuses Robert Downey Jr. of 'Iron Man' Sabotage

1:19 PM EST 11/18/2013 by Stephanie Guerilus, Celebeat Reporter

Sign Up for Celebeat's Newsletter and never miss out on our most popular stories.
Close

Terrence Howard has accused Robert Downey Jr. of sabotaging him when it came to the Iron Man film franchise, The Hollywood Reporter reported Nov. 15.

Howard appeared on Watch What Happens Live on Nov. 14 and faulted Downey as the reason why he did not continue with the franchise. After the first installment of the movie as James Rhodes, he was replaced by Don Cheadle. Howard expected that his comments would get him into some trouble but he pressed forward.

"It turns out that the person that I helped become Iron Man, when it was time to [...] re-up for the second one took the money that was supposed to go to me and pushed me out," Howard said.

Howard further explained that there was a three picture deal that was signed. He added that all the parameters had been set in place.

"They came to me [for] the second and said, 'We will pay you one-eighth of what we contractually had for you, because we think the second one will be successful with or without you.' And I called my friend that I helped get the first job, and he didn't call me back for three months," he said.

Howard has previously blasted Downey Jr. for losing his role in Iron Man. Earlier this year, he stated that being replaced in Iron Man 2 killed his career.

See Now: Eminem Album: 2 Chainz Confirms Collaboration With the King of Hip Hop; Adele, Imagine Dragons, Nicki Minaj Included?

© 2018 Celebeat.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Join Our Conversation
Real Time Analytics